Whipped up these sweet treats last night to get ready for scary movie hangout sesh on Halloween. I added frosting to the top cuz I was trying to get rid of it. Doesn’t need the frosting, but it’s still tasty with it! Warning: you need a big glass of milk when you eat these! Makes: 36 Servings
- 1 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the marshmallows, chips and walnuts.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 173 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.